Having undergone formal training from a very early age Beverley has worked as a professional vocalist since leaving an office job in 1993. Performing popular songs is her vocation. She has a strong preference for the Great American Songbook or most all music where the emphasis is on melody combined with a meaningful story to tell.
Beverley has been to many parts of the world performing in all variety of ensembles, and venues. These, range from fronting big swinging bands in large theatres to small groups in intimate night clubs.
Her voice coaching is based on 5 simple principles:
1. Practice and preparation: developing and tuning the instrument
2. Technical correctness: singing the right notes, in the right way, in the right order
3. Focussing on performance: delivering the story to be told – touching emotions
4. Honest and constructive feedback to students
5. The essential need to have a good time – smiles and laughter obligatory